SW Auto Battle Update - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW Auto Battle Update - Discussion

Summoners War has finally announced an auto battle feature. To learn more, you can check the in-game patch notes or watch this video:

I'm trying to understand what this will mean for our SW products going forward.

My high-level thoughts are:
    • We can support the auto battle feature and still apply rune, artifact, gem, and grindstone settings to loot dropped during auto battle
    • We can make Gameplans support auto battle, switching between locations as it does now
    If you have any ideas that would keep our SW product viable, thoughts about the new system itself, or feedback about how this will effect your usage of our products, feel free to share.

I don't think our products are totally doomed, but this does for sure change the value proposition. Discuss.

Its not doomed at all. Someone wants to afk farm all day/night. Also. If your team gets defeated, the auto battle will just stop.
    So you could add a feature that supports autobattle, but recognizes if you get defeated, checks if you have enough energy (if not, refill), then hit replay.
    It would be a complete rework though, because the way you see your rewards isnt in the same way as before. You'll have a list in which you gotta click through the loot. (if that makes any sense)

Also it doesnt support swapping your max leveld mons when fodder farming.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothRuns View Post
      Its not doomed at all. Someone wants to afk farm all day/night. Also. If your team gets defeated, the auto battle will just stop.
      Yeah, this is what I'm thinking as well. But, currently, I don't know what portion of our users are the "afk for hours" kind, and what portion are the "farming sucks I just need some help" kind.

So you could add a feature that supports autobattle, but recognizes if you get defeated, checks if you have enough energy (if not, refill), then hit replay.
      It would be a complete rework though, because the way you see your rewards isnt in the same way as before. You'll have a list in which you gotta click through the loot. (if that makes any sense)
      In theory, it won't be hard to support. Rift Beasts already have the system of clicking on the loot to understand what it is, and they likely use the same dialogs for loot once clicked. So support should be (relatively) simple. If my assumptions are correct, it should be a few hours work to have a proof of concept.

Also it doesnt support swapping your max leveld mons when fodder farming.
      True. All the more reason the fodder rewrite that I'm currently working on is important!

Comment

Well, this is a good update indeed. But it's far from competitive for your software, I'd say. The reasons have been mentioned already.
        1. Fodder farming: No further explanation needed, I guess.
        2. Long runs: Ten runs is nothing, basically. Game plans are the most convenient function of your bot and I wouldn't trade it for any recent SW update.
        3. Content: As of now, it doesn't cover dimensional hole.
        4. Rune/Artifact/Gem filtering potentially saving a couple hundred of manual clicks every day by auto-selling low-quality pieces.
        Having that said, I think there's another annoying part of the game your AI could help at, while utilizing the new auto-farm feature. Let the bot start a 10-run-cycle and while the game is farming dungeons, the bot would open the rune interface and start improving runes according to your filter. The following filter could improve all swift runes from level 1-6 to 12 if they have at least +6 speed as a sub-stat.

Type: Swift
        Max. upgrade level: 6
        Sub-stat: Speed
        Sub-stat min. value: 6
        Upgrade target: 12

Last edited by dilzar; 09-10-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dilzar View Post
          ... while utilizing the new auto-farm feature. Let the bot start a 10-run-cycle and while the game is farming dungeons, the bot would open the rune interface and start improving runes according to your filter. ...
          Yeah, this is a good call. I've been planning a "Rune Tool" for the mid-term future; something that can power up, sell, etc based on configuration that is similar to rune looting. Making it work in simultaneity with auto would be sick. A challenge is figuring out how to work this in from a UI perspective; it doesn't really fit with the Gameplan flow, but if it were just a regular menu in the settings accordion, it wouldn't be obvious how it works. Could potentially add another tab for "Simultaneous Tasks", need to think about it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Annihilist View Post

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking as well. But, currently, I don't know what portion of our users are the "afk for hours" kind, and what portion are the "farming sucks I just need some help" kind.

In theory, it won't be hard to support. Rift Beasts already have the system of clicking on the loot to understand what it is, and they likely use the same dialogs for loot once clicked. So support should be (relatively) simple. If my assumptions are correct, it should be a few hours work to have a proof of concept.

True. All the more reason the fodder rewrite that I'm currently working on is important!
            Still the point stands. The auto famer that Com2us is launching, will stop when defeated. If thats on the very first run or the 9th or 10th run, we dont know. So having this tool to hit replay (and not retrying for 10crystals) is great.

Comment

A thought i have, is im worried Com2us can now detect botting easier. I mean, i would think MOST people will be using the 10x farm feature now. So people who are running dungeons normally, over and over and over and over, it will kind of be a flag ya know.

No one in their right mind is going to continue to farm normally when the 10x feature comes out. not saying this is a bannable offense (continuing to use the old method of farming) but i think it may surely be a indicator of bottiing.
              Last edited by Cydenchi; 09-11-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cydenchi View Post
                A thought i have, is im worried Com2us can now detect botting easier. I mean, i would think MOST people will be using the 10x farm feature now. So people who are running dungeons normally, over and over and over and over, it will kind of be a flag ya know.

No one in their right mind is going to continue to farm normally when the 10x feature comes out. not saying this is a bannable offense (continuing to use the old method of farming) but i think it may surely be a indicator of bottiing.
                I agree that it will be suspicious, especially when running in an emulator. For this reason, I do hope to have at least basic support out same day. When The Shift dropped, for instance, we had same day support for the new dungeons and artifact configuration. Knowing when it was going to drop and being able to plan my time around it made that possible, and the same would be true here.

Currently I don't see any release date, though I do expect it will drop at the normal update time (midnight on Thursdays for me). If anyone has more info about release date, feel free to pass it along.

Comment

I agree that it will be suspicious, especially when running in an emulator. For this reason, I do hope to have at least basic support out same day. When The Shift dropped, for instance, we had same day support for the new dungeons and artifact configuration. Knowing when it was going to drop and being able to plan my time around it made that possible, and the same would be true here.

Currently I don't see any release date, though I do expect it will drop at the normal update time (midnight on Thursdays for me). If anyone has more info about release date, feel free to pass it along.
                  The update is live in the app store right now !

Comment

The update is live in the app store right now !
                    Well then Hopefully I can get a look at it tomorrow evening, if not early in the week. Didn't expect it to come outside of the regular release cycle

Regardless, expect something soon. The reason I pushed fodder rewrite out before it is completely ready was to make sure I had a clean plate for when this dropped, so I am at least ready to go from that regard.

EDIT: I updated from the play store so I could at least take a look at it and start thinking about exactly what I'll need to do, but it doesn't seem to be in that update (there was an update there, however). Gateway doesn't have the button. Is it maybe only out on iOS? Or is this maybe a pre-update that will later be enabled by the server?

Comment

Well then Hopefully I can get a look at it tomorrow evening, if not early in the week. Didn't expect it to come outside of the regular release cycle

Regardless, expect something soon. The reason I pushed fodder rewrite out before it is completely ready was to make sure I had a clean plate for when this dropped, so I am at least ready to go from that regard.

EDIT: I updated from the play store so I could at least take a look at it and start thinking about exactly what I'll need to do, but it doesn't seem to be in that update (there was an update there, however). Gateway doesn't have the button. Is it maybe only out on iOS? Or is this maybe a pre-update that will later be enabled by the server?
                      https://withhive.com/notice/39124

It will be going live in a few hours.

Comment

https://withhive.com/notice/39124

It will be going live in a few hours.
                        Cool, thanks for the info! Depending on how much work I need to do for basic support, can have something within 24h, maybe. Fingers crossed at least.

Comment

something to add,

there are now 2 recharge, 30 gem (90energy) or 60gem (190 energy)

Comment

Originally posted by zdbo1 View Post
                            something to add,

there are now 2 recharge, 30 gem (90energy) or 60gem (190 energy)
                            Good to know, thanks!

Comment

I've collected most, if not all, of the screenshots I'll need to get basic support done. The question, though, is what "basic support" entails.

Making it just keep replaying and and refilling energy is easy enough. Making it sell runes is doable, also, with some exceptions.

I can have those two things done soon, but the Dashboard wont count runs, Gameplans wont work with repeat (and won't for a while), and rune selling won't be perfect (detecting runes when # of loot items exceeds 16 requires new Mobius functionality). This feels very janky to me, and I don't feel great about it.

Of course, with a bit more time, I can have more things working. But I'm not sure if it's worth it to release the janky version early, or if I should wait to make everything more mature.

Any thoughts? zdbo1 Cydenchi SmoothRuns dilzar

Comment

Working...
                              X